Our History
In the late 1930s, after a number of large structure fires near Harlingen, Reverend William Owen, pastor of the Harlingen Reformed Church gathered several residents of the area to discuss forming a fire company. At this time the closet fire companies were in Rocky Hill and Neshanic. The Montgomery Township Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 was formed and incorporated in 1939. Meetings were held in the Harlingen School adjacent to the Church. Leroy Higgins, one of the charter members, offered a bay in the Belle Mead Garage as the firehouse
Our original firehouse at Belle Mead Garage.
Our second firehouse on Route 206.